God is writing a story…an amazing story! He has chosen to use us for telling this piece of His story. We are so honored & humbled that He would choose us. Since the start of this amazing story, God has frequently shown Himself as the main character of this story. There is another character that wants to be a part of this story though…& he is not at all excited with how the story is being written.
Here are some of the topics Satan wants written in the story:
– Last week information was released regarding US embassies that would be closing in multiple Arab countries in Northern Africa and the Middle East as of last Sun due to some terrorist threats -we still do not have confirmation that our first 4 bags (that traveled with Alex & Charity Mbuthia) are found & in the Mbuthias possession -there was a fire (likely due to construction) in the international terminal in the Nairobi airport…no, really, 4 days before we are to fly into that very terminal…I can’t make this stuff up myself!
– Emirates Airlines cancelled all their flights between Dubai and Nairobi today, August 7th (we haven’t heard yet if this will continue)
There are 3 main elements that have to also be a part of this story…faith, trust, and peace. Remember this is Gods story – not ours, & I don’t believe He is writing this story based on current events.
From the very beginning of this story, there has been one phrase that has often come up in Jason & my conversations…”Gods got this!” He has time & time again shown us that is true. There wouldn’t be a story at all if we didn’t have faith that God is able to do what He promises. And here is what He promises us…
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
If we have the faith & trust to believe that God will supply for our needs, we also have to have faith that His timing is perfect and that He has a plan. We can’t pick and choose which promises we are going to believe in. God is faithful in ALL areas of our lives, not just in some of them.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
For the last 11 years, Jason has been teaching the kids at Grace Covenant 3 rules to live by:
– I need to make the wise choice
– I should treat others the way I want to be treated
– I can trust God no matter what
We believe it and we are standing firm in faith that we CAN TRUST GOD NO MATTER WHAT! This is what it looks like kids!
Here’s the thing, it’s not always easy & it doesn’t always make logical sense-if it did, then we wouldn’t have to depend on Him. I believe God is planning to “show off” in a BIG way! Why else would Satan be trying so hard to cause trouble, doubt, anxiety or fear in us?
Jason & I have paid attention to the facts, we have prayed, & we have sought wise council. And honestly it all boils down to peace. We need to know and have peace that God is guiding and directing us in whatever paths we take. This peace is such that one can’t quite explain & maybe doesn’t even make sense. It is a peace that can only come from God in the midst of such chaos. Do we know what the next chapter in this story will be like? Not completely. But we do know that God is in control & He does know the next chapter…so let’s watch the story unfold together…trusting that “God’s got this!”